So what exactly should you pack for Tenerife?
We already have a multipurpose packing checklist that we recommend you to check it out. We’re not going to go into generic packing details, but rather what to pack specifically for Tenerife.
Beach Packing for Tenerife
There’s not much to say about this topic. I am sure most of you are familiar with the basics of beach packing. However, Tenerife is special! Some beaches are not easily accessible, while others can be reached only by hiking. In other words, going to the beach might not be the classic beach bag and flip flops.
When you have to hike to get to a beach, then we prefer having some light, multipurpose shoes that can dry quickly. Preferably you can tie them as a regular shoe, but you can also slide your foot in like in flip flops.
I have personally used Salomon Tech Lite, a versatile hiking shoe that you can basically wear everywhere. These shoes suited me well in Sardinia as well, where you have to do some hiking to get to some of the most beautiful beaches on the island.
The Salomon Tech Lite that I am wearing are not suitable for challenging hikes as they offer no heel support. I am very steady on my feet and have good balance. If this is not your case, I would suggest trying out the Salomon Amphib models that offer more support.
- Salomon Tech Lite Women’s
- Salomon Tech Lite Men’s
- Salomon Amphib Bold 2 Women’s
- Salomon Amphib Bold 2 Men’s
- Salomon Tech Amphib 4 Women’s
- Salomon Tech Amphib 4 Men’s
I know people are crazy about beach bags that you wear on one shoulder. Those are pretty, but not practical. They are good if you can get to the beach quickly. However, if the beach is a bit further a way and you have to do some walking or hiking, then we strongly recommend getting a beach backpack.
There are 2 types of beach backpacks that we prefer, and we also use this backpacks for long city walks. One of them is like a sack with drawstrings, while the other is a bit more classy.
If you find this backpacks too small for you, you can also use a small hiking backpack, like the one I am wearing in the photo above:
Nobody wants too carry heavy and oversized bags to the beach. That’s why we chose to use only quick-dry towels. They are thin and lightweight, and they also dry very quickly.
Hike Packing for Tenerife
The challenging part of hiking in Tenerife is that you can encounther all kinds of weather. For exhausting heat, to freezing cold temperatures. We recommend people to dress up in layers and to get some good hiking boots if they want to hike all the way to the top of Teide. At that kind of altitude the weather might be freezing cold with snow and ice on the ground. Here is the gear that we are using:
- Hiking boots: La Sportiva TX4 Mid GTX (for both, men and women)
- Merino top base layer: Fjällräven Abisko Wool Long Sleeve
- Hoodie: Fjallraven Ovik Fleece Hoodie
- Jacket: Fjallraven Stina Jacket
For those of you who get cold quickly and need an extra layer to keep warm, I recommend getting an insulation layer vest:
As enthusiast hikers, there’s no better way to observe and admire nature than a hike. However, the thrill of a hike can be ruined if you don’t have the proper gear with you. For this we made a special article about the gear you need on every hike.
Related Travel Articles
- Travel to Tenerife Itinerary - Map Included
- Best Hikes in Rural de Anaga Park, Tenerife
- Other Natural Monuments and Reserves in Tenerife
- Top Hikes in Rural de Teno Park, Tenerife
- Hikes in Reserva Natural Especial del Chinyero, Tenerife
- Hiking in The Corona Forestal, Tenerife
- Best Hikes in Teide National Park, Tenerife
- Best Hikes You Can Enjoy in Tenerife
- What You Should Know Before Traveling to Tenerife
- Top 5 Walks in Tenerife
- Strolling Around The Cities of Tenerife
- 12+ Best Beaches You Should Try in Tenerife
Writing free, independent and personal travel content since 2021. If you appreciate what we do, then you can return the favor by using the affiliate links below: